Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Heart sank

We  finally get the time to go meet with some of our friends in Anchorage and so we  go down for a nice dinner. While we were there I noticed sis had a fever so we gave her Tylenol and she played and was happy all night. When we got home I was holding her so we could let the horses ( dogs) out to potty and she let out a horrible scream. I thought the dogs scared her so I just hugged her and told her it was ok well she stopped making any noise so I lean her back to see her face and I noticed she was having a seizure ;''(( I freak out big time. I screamed and gave her to Will and her comforted her while I called 911. I was trying to stay calm  but that just was not going to happen. Poor Landyn didnt know what was going on he is asking whats wrong and I couldnt answer becasue I didnt know. I was crying and pacing the floor and probably making it worse on him, but what can you do when you see that. I had to call my neighbor to see if she could watch the boys so I could go to the hospital with her. I took them over and waited what seemed like forever on the ambulance to get there. The guys was moving so slow too I just wanted to smack him, but I know they know their job. She got al loaded up and I am a mess driving to the hospital. When we got there she was doing better. The doctors gave her medicine because she had a fever of 104.9 so once that came down she was all better. The doctors said the seizure was caused from her fever spiking so fast. It was her bodys way of adjusting to the temperature change. We stayed there for a couple hours then we were sent home. Not like either one of us slept all night. I know I watched her all night to be sure she was ok. I guess this happens often in kids and can happen until age 6 ... yayyy NOT I hope it never happens again. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. I told him he did a great job staying calm during her seizure and he told me he was scared to death Which you couldnt tell because he was so brave. He said he was scared his baby girl was dying. I think at the point we both were thinking that. There is no picture with this post because I think the story paints a picture well. I also wanted to let everyone know what we have been dealing with. I wake up everyday and I am so thankful for my babies and my husband I never want to take them for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment